I’m Steve Mortimer and I enjoy helping others make better decisions and enjoy better outcomes by leveraging technology and data.
- Master of Business Administration (General Management, 2019)
- Master of Science (Statistics, 2011)
- Bachelor of Arts (Mathematics & Statistics, 2009)
All degrees pursued and completed at the University of Virginia. Wahoowa!
Boston Consulting Group (2019-Present)
Senior Data Scientist
Technology & data consultant driving results for clients through innovative product
development, research and analytics, human capital initiatives, and operations
Senior Manager of Data Science
Led analytics team in efforts to improve customer prospecting, forecasting &
inventory management, and customer churn through actionable reporting, workflow
tools, and alerts.
The Advisory Board Company (2011-2015)
Analyst → Data Scientist
Created suite of predictive tools and analyses to support higher education
institutions in enhancing student advising and improving graduation outcomes.
- Pricewaterhouse Coopers (2018)
- Florida Fish and Wildlife Conservation Commission (2010)
- Institute for Defense Analyses (2010)
- UVA Health System, Dept. of Psychiatry and Neurobehavioral Sciences (2008-2009)
- Statistical Tools: R, SAS, SPSS, Weka
- Programming Languages: SQL, Python, Apache Spark
- Databases: SQL Server, PostgreSQL, Oracle, MySQL, MongoDB, Apache Solr
- Interactive Development Environments (IDEs): RStudio, Visual Studio Code, PyCharm, Eclipse
- Amazon Web Services: IAM, S3, EC2, EMR, RDS, DynamoDB, Lambda, API Gateway
- Version Control Systems: Git/Git-flow, SVN, GitHub, Stash
- Project Management: Atlassian Product Suite (JIRA, Confluence, Stash, Hipchat), Trello
- Other: Google Apps (Docs, Drive, Sheets, GMail), Microsoft Office Suite (MS Excel, MS
PowerPoint, MS Outlook), Visual Basic for Applications (VBA)