I’m Steve Mortimer and I enjoy helping others make better decisions and enjoy better outcomes by leveraging technology and data.
- Master of Business Administration (General Management, 2019)
- Master of Science (Statistics, 2011)
- Bachelor of Arts (Mathematics & Statistics, 2009)
All degrees pursued and completed at the University of Virginia. Wahoowa!
Senior Manager of Data Science
Led analytics team in efforts to improve customer prospecting, forecasting &
inventory management, and customer churn through actionable reporting, workflow
tools, and alerts.
The Advisory Board Company (2011-2015)
Analyst → Data Scientist
Created suite of predictive tools and analyses to support higher education
institutions in enhancing student advising and improving graduation outcomes.
- Pricewaterhouse Coopers (2018)
- Florida Fish and Wildlife Conservation Commission (2010)
- Institute for Defense Analyses (2010)
- UVA Health System, Dept. of Psychiatry and Neurobehavioral Sciences (2008-2009)
- Statistical Tools: R, SAS, SPSS, Weka
- Programming Languages: SQL, Python, Apache Spark
- Databases: SQL Server, PostgreSQL, Oracle, MySQL, MongoDB, Apache Solr
- Interactive Development Environments (IDEs): RStudio, PyCharm, Eclipse
- Amazon Web Services: IAM, S3, EC2, EMR, RDS, DynamoDB, Lambda, API Gateway
- Version Control Systems: Git/Git-flow, SVN, GitHub, Stash
- Project Management: Atlassian Product Suite (JIRA, Confluence, Stash, Hipchat), Trello
- Other: Google Apps (Docs, Drive, Sheets, GMail), Microsoft Office Suite
(MS Excel, MS PowerPoint, MS Outlook), Visual Basic for Applications (VBA)